11 October, 2010

Gipsy Furniture Collection by A+Z Design

The London Design Festival brought new inspiring discoveries, and I will definitely remember Hungarian studio A+Z Design as one of the most interesting this year. Creative, fresh thinking and fascination by the beauty of disappearing local traditions - these make the design duo from Budapest truly unique. Attila F. Kovacs and Zsuzsa Megyesi founded A+Z Design last year and Gipsy Furniture Collection was launched at The London Design Festival in september.

The collection is inspired by the folk culture of Hungary and Transylvania. A+Z Design revives traditional objects into contemporary context, but preserves their original identity. All the furniture pieces are made with use of traditional craft techniques such as enamel, embroidery or woodcarving, and I think this is the reason why we experience them in a very emotional way.



12 comments:

  1. these are so fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, all the pieces make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is really interesting.I'm a big fan when designers incorporate their heritage into their piece of design.

    Crafts is a huge trend, one can see it everywhere nowadays; may it be in graphic, product or interior design....

    Mahh those lamps are just too good to be true!!Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree: crafts is a very strong trend recently. It's a very positive sign, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lamps are really popular in sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. crafts are very trendy! I agree with Sandra Valerie - I this bench :-) lovely greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that bed! So unique!

    I really can see the folk culture influence in these pieces! So fabulous!

    :)

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I love the hint of folklore and traditional patterns. The bench is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really fun pieces!
    Especially loving the lamps!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a fantastic exhibit. I would love to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. :):):) there are a lot of crazy people making crazy things. thank God:)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome traveller. Share your thoughts!