26 October, 2010

Loft love

Living in a loft... I guess I'm not the only one that dreams of it. But if you entered an old woodworker's shop, with all the walls and ceilings covered with thick layer of sawdus, could you imagine your dream apartment there? The couple that lives in this beautiful loft transformed it from the very begining, and had to solve many adaptation problems, like for example a lack of functioning kitchen. Before all was neatly painted white, they had to struggle with cleaning all the dust - it was necessary to hose down the walls and ceilings with a power washer! Furnishing was the pleasant part: a mixture of vintage and new, high and low feels perfectly at home within old brick walls.




































photos: Tony Solur, via: @properties

12 comments:

  1. fab!!! Yes I'm a dreamer of a loft also :p

    Isn't that the beauty of it though, to find it a little bit shabby and then adding your own touch to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following your dreams takes not only imagination, but also a lot of courage. Loft apartments are often not so comfortable as we think: problems with heating and old plumbing etc. I admire the couple that renovated this loft, they did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mój kolega marzył o lofcie. Ja jakoś nie... Właściwie to nie chciałbym nawet, chyba że z superaśnym widokiem. Ale wnętrze bez zarzutu. Żaba najlepsza! Pomysł genialny do jadalni. Przynajmniej z żartem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics. they did a very good job. follow your dream. "If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a deeply satisfying process to transform a less than appealing space into a stunner like this.
    It's amazing what they have managed to do. Makes me revisit my Loft dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are so lucky - it is extremely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Piankna cegiełka białkowana, mniach-mniach! I te rogi! I ta żaba! I ta ława, i brak ciężkich zasłon, których tak nienawidzę!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... yes, I wouldn't mind moving in here!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to maintain the brick walls in sight and to paint them white. This gives a special touch to the house. The furniture is indeed a perfect blend! I love the chair on the third photo, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous post.. That is the least appealing space for sure.. and if transformed.. can change into something magical.. wow!! wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous! I looove these huge windows:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be very happy living in a loft like this. My old apartment had exposed brick and it was my favorite place to date because of it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome traveller. Share your thoughts!