18 October, 2010

Ora-Ïto: the industrial designer's apartment

Ora-Ïto's apartment seems like an imagination laboratory where anything can happen: designer furniture, geometric art, Japanese antiques and... a  giraffe - all enclosed in 17th-century mansion with original, beautifully ornamented wooden ceilings. The building is located in the atmospheric, trendy northern part of the Marais district in Paris.







































































photos by Birgitta Wolfgang Drejer, via: Interior Design

13 comments:

  1. oh gosh, i can't even imagine living there, so cool! i might go crazy though w/o some rugs or something =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thrilling
    love it
    candy for the eye
    I might have dropped the giraffe, but other than that it's gorgeous :)

    Open house, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åpent hus, I'm not a big fan of stuffed animals, but this time I like the giraffe a lot!
    Actually, it is hard to tell if it's the real one stuffed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trzeba uważać, żeby się nie walnąć w łeb o żyrafę!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun and magical. Love those decorative wooden beams. G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is different. I have never seen anything like it.

    I'm not sure it's for me, that giraffe creeps me out, in a cute, weird sort of way :I

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay that is just awesome. That is being eclectic at it's finest. Now I want a giraffe in my house:) Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! The giraffe...well I find it a little scary and creepy, but definately innovative. The ceiling beams are phenomenal

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome! and what a crazy idea with the giraffe:) I like to 'travel' with you so much :) kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great, amazing interior design. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ora Ito is a genius!
    Roberto

    www.design-with-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome traveller. Share your thoughts!