11 November, 2010

Factory 20: vintage beauty

Contemporary, mass-produced furniture loses its aesthetic values very quickly while vintge objects seem to preserve their beauty forever. Is it a question of craftsmanship, the loving touch of artisan hand? Is it a question of material? Pieces made of noble, genuine materials, solid wood, leather, linen, felt or metal, age with dignity and with time become even more visually attractive. Patinated, rusted, worn-out and faded... why do we love them so much? I think the reason might be that vitage, being a witness of the past, addresses our need of continuity. The need of knowing our personal, family history and... belonging.

Browsing through the selection of vintage objects from Factory 20 I got lost in time. Each piece tells a story: from Early Century harbour or doctor's office, from artist's atelier, French farm, Victorian bedroom or Danish kitchen. A treasure box!

www.factory20.com


17 comments:

  1. Stunning photos!
    Love the keys!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to add vintage items to my home. As you say, each and every item has a history and that brings on a certain feeling, no massproduced item could ever accomplish that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely mood! I'd so love a vintage dressform like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the coolest blog!!!! Love your posts and I'm always fascinating with the photos and ideas that you post. I really enjoy visiting:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beatiful post! the pictures are so relevant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALE CZAD! Też chcę takie ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are sooo cool. I think vintage definitely addresses the need for continuity...to have something that was party of something. AND they are so pretty because of the mix of materials that stand the test of time and the eye that made them. so spot on!

    and no, i didn't use a flash at the fashion shows, i didn't want to be so obnoxious as they were walking by me, haha...just a really high ISO and tried to get the right speed setting. I did take ones of them walking towards me so hopefully i can sort some of those out and you can see their faces :) I'd so love to be able to go to another one and try taking more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was browsing through the photos I felt I somehow entered the everyday life of people that lived long time ago... it was like time travelling :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, i agree there is something that is short lived about contemporary pieces. However, vintage is timeless and pieces like these in ones home will always be a source for conversation! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid I repeat myself :-)

    great pairing of words and image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning:) I heart these bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic compilation of elements, the noble elements!
    I love

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of which are beautiful! My favorite's gotta be the sun. Enjoy the gorgeous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I die of happiness!!! Wabi sabi blues = free spirit!

    Agneta with love

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fantastic collection of photos ... i want to keep them all ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post! I love this style! It´s exactly my taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a wonderful sunday,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great elements from forgotten industrial times! Wonderful, especially the sun on the last photo, awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome traveller. Share your thoughts!