04 November, 2010

Jaanisays 2011 Collection

Furniture collection by finish designer Jaani Vaahtera... pure poetry.

"I have a dream. I want to awaken thoughts and interpretations. And I want to open doors - happy doors, surprising doors and sometimes sad doors, but only when the purpose is to lead to something good. I believe I will get closer to my dream by imagining and creating things that tell stories, that arrest, awaken and inspire. Things and thoughts that we want to take care of - things that are not disposable. Good design tells a story and then it asks you to tell it. Put simply, it talks - to you, to me to us.

www.jaanisays.com




15 comments:

  1. Interesting - I love the way he has taken familiar forms and done something a little different with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ballon lamps really caught my attention. I love the idea!
    Also think the quote was really deep, have to go back and read it one more time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ballon lamp is so cool! pure simplicity. pure poetry!

    p.s.: love black and white photos! it’s great you are going back to develop negatives yourself! Digital makes the process much easier but the magic is gone. I still shoot using film.

    In January I’m going to spend some days in London. So I’ll go to Tate Modern. You inspire me to see in person Mark Rothko’s paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post has left me feeling very happy...very creative...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh black and white, I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever designs! Have a gorgeous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interestingly smart...

    Oh and the poetry is so cool and inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The balloon lamp is so poetic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genious idea the ballon lamps! Ilmagine those in several colors... What an modern reinventive design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is very very beautiful.
    Maravilhoso. Amei!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lampa-balon: naprawdę robi wrażenie. Świeży pomysł.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lamps are so great! What a beautiful idea!
    Have a wonderful new week,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Welcome traveller. Share your thoughts!