07 November, 2010

Styling inspiration: warm wood

Why do I like wooden furniture so much? And fall so easily for the beauty of old wooden floors? Is it the great sensation of touching the worn-out surface, feeling the warmth and genuity that vintage pieces emanate? Wood can be both humble and magnificent, but it always stays truthful to itself. It's always full of life!

Solid wood furniture items are not so easy to find and usually very expensive. But we can always choose something with real wooden veneer...

Mesmerizing blue light... and Billy bookcases from Ikea. Beautiful, atmospheric library created by interior stylist Lotta Agaton. I like the colour composition here: warm browns and cool inky blues.
Found at a great blog of stylist Charlotte Bladh


























......................................................................................................................................................................
A family hut in the mountains - inspiration from Sköna Hem. Cosy, isn't it?











































......................................................................................................................................................................
Wood in the most raw and humble incarnation: wonderful photo series showing the work of carpenter Andrea Brugi taken by Ditte Isager. Eco-beauty seen at Pure Green.


14 comments:

  1. i feel the same. love touching & feeling the warmth of worn-out wooden surface. i really like what you wrote! happy you are back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about the charm of wood. I just love it's touch and color. Enjoy the day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Przepięknie! Jednak ciemne kolory we wnętrzu, szczególnie czerń, dają taki smaczek, jakiego innym sposobem chyba nie da się uzyskać. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you left a comment on my blog about knitting. inspiration is everywhere! i hope you will do start!wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous post!
    Love that library!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I really like wood too. I kick myself for buying white bookshelves for the living room. I like them, but wood is cozier :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank for the comments on my blog! I LOVE your blog, so many inspiring and lovely pictures...I will link to you straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't really go wrong with wood in my opinion - it is just so versatile; cool or warm, smooth or rough, sleek or full of knotty character!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I looove that kitchen table!!!!
    xoox
    www.joiedevivre-chiara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for comment, I like your blog, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh how i love the blue in the first photos...i want to wrap myself in the color. charm and comfort...love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful, beautiful post! best wishes,Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like so much the blue room at the top. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome traveller. Share your thoughts!