09 November, 2010

Tortie Hoare

Tortie Hoare was announced BDC New Designer of The Year for her Leatherwork Furniture Collection at UK graduate exhibition New Designers. I love the medieval feel of her designs!

Judges Comments: The judges celebrated Tortie’s ‘innovation, personal passion and an incredible sensitivity to materials which has reinvented a lost process from medieval times to produce an outstanding collection of contemporary furniture.’ Now, instead of trying to find a job, Tortie has decided to pursue her leatherwork and see where it takes her. She will be spending some of the prize monies on leather for a new collection. “I have never had a reaction like this,’ said Tortie. ‘I have been shocked by the interest. With all of my furniture I have used the process of forming leather to dictate the piece. It was not until I came across the French medieval process of boiled leather that I could create solid, strong forms in an eco-friendly way. “



























seen at Kurbits

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous seating!

    Another gorgeous post, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a natural leather look.
    Also loved what you wrote when you stopped by the other day. So true! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stool in the 4th picture!!
    xoxo
    www.joiedevivre-chiara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning! are they comfortable? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting design, love it with the leather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those certainly are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what I love about your posts is simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all but that chair with the fabric on is particularly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like all of your posts. what can I do? :-) it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Design Elements, thank you!
    You are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mnemonique, it is a big compliment for me :)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design, I love the combination of the minimalistic furniture design with the leather elements, wow!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome traveller. Share your thoughts!