07 December, 2010

Imaginary Kingdom of Tim Walker

Picking apples in my Grandmothers orchard, climbing the trees and turning into a fairy. Lead soldier wars and dreams of flying... Going home for dinner straight from your fresly-build castle or another exciting overseas cruise... As we grow up, our childchood becomes imaginary kingdom. Imaginary - for most of us, but for some - more real than reality.

Tim Walker, the Peter Pan of  British photography, creates images that can be seen only with our inner child's eyes. He evokes long-forgotten memories, invites us to the other side of the mirror. Surreal or magic realism? It's not only the whimsical beauty that makes his narrative photo-stories unforgetable: they are created with true love, based on collective unconscious archetypes and cultural symbols, easily-read, mysteriously touching. Alive.

Tim Walker works mostly on fashion projects, his photograps were published in numerous magazines (Vogue,Vanity Fair etc.) all over the world and exhibited at The National Portrait Gallery, The Design Museum and The Victoria & Albert Museum in London.

www.timwalkerphotography.com



20 comments:

  1. I love his work! When I was in London earlier this year I bought an exhibition poster at the Design Museum with his "dresses hanging from a tree" photo. Looks great on the green wall in my daughter's bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational.
    The photo with the boat in the library blew my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pictures !
    And thank you for your adorable comment !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Tim Walker! I love his works sooooo much!

    xoxo
    Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure I have proper words for these, i love them! Especially the first one, and the cat one. They made me really happy =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore his work!
    Stunning post, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many stunning photos! The ones with an airplane gives me such pleasent vintage feeling. Love those and the girl on the stairway with the dress, OMG, Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photographs- A baguette airplane- how wonderful and a purple cat! Goodness- child's eye and delightful-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pictures! Loving the whimsicality in each one of them! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. My goodness. I`m so inspired by these pictures. Illusions, colorful, stunning, feminin and different. Thanx! Nice of you to leave a comment at my place. So many visit, but its lovely to read a comment or two or three .... :-) I am from today a follower! See ya soon. Signe

    ReplyDelete
  11. your last 2 post are incredible! I missed your posts the previous week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the baguette and the dress tree. Wonderful photographer! Thank's for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for introducing me to Tim Walker, what fabulous imagery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. simply gorgeous! he is brilliant photographer, I love his work:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so I could find yours. Honestly, I am loving it! Your blog is so unique and that's a great thing!

    Congratulations... you know how to select great pictures! Unforgettable post!

    xo


    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, how dramatic! very intriguing and cool editorial

    ReplyDelete

Welcome traveller. Share your thoughts!