23 April, 2012

Light redesigned

Light. Imagine how it changes in a space, how it's being reflected... then shape it, transform it... and there you have it: wonderful effect of intimacy.

An architect duo Karin and Francis Leopold Fauconnet redesigned this classical apartment into modern and surprisingly cosy home. Rustic, raw wood floors break the grand, formal elegance and contrast with  urban elements. And the best here, of course, are great transitons between dark and light surfaces. Nicely balanced contrasts.



photography: Vincent Leroux, via: Marie Claire Maison

8 comments:

  1. The dining room looks fabulous! Beautiful aesthetic. xo
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't take my eyes off that moulding and ceiling detail. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Z niecierpliwością czekałam na kolejny post! Cieszę się, że wróciłaś:) Dobrego tygodnia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love coming here, this blog makes me happy every time I look at these beautiful images, thank you for sharing.
    Have a nice week.
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this place - the ornate ceilings with the more modern furniture! I could move right in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love armchair on first picture.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome traveller. Share your thoughts!