27 January, 2013

Scandinavian vs ethnic: interiors by Naja Munthe

Copenhagen, early 20th-century building. Here lives Naja Munthe, a fashion designer and co-founder of Danish fashion label Munthe Plus Simonsen.

"My personal taste doesn’t really fit with the minimalistic style that’s so popular here. I like things to be luxurious, but always with a relaxed approach. While I appreciate beautiful clothes and glamorous houses, they’re often too perfect, and that’s not my style. I prefer the finished look to be friendlier.

I kept the palette to a minimum, though – mostly white with earthy tones. This means I can bring in lots of different textures and play with how the pieces are combined."

Inspired by lofts, Naja decided to open up traditional Danish floor plan - and dramatic black steel windows were inserted between the living room and the hall. When it comes to decorating, she spiced up clean scandinavian style with attractive ethnic details. Do you like the combination? Note beautiful textiles from designers own home collection called Casa de luxe. 






via: my scandinavian home, photographer: Morten Koldby

7 comments:

  1. Love the dining area with the bookshelf in the background. It is still minimalistic, but that touch is there.

    Love,
    Breathe Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. The word Ethnic.. brought me to your blog today! love this combination.. Scandinavian and ethnic! more character and style are brought into each of these rooms above. Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous home!

    I especially love the bathroom!!

    xo,
    http://blog.sisiliapiring.com


    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE her style ethic...and its a beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic home! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piękne i wyróżniające się na tle innych, znanych z blogów skandynawskich wnętrz. Dla mnie trochę zbyt mało koloru, ale te poduszki na kanapie: wspaniałe.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome traveller. Share your thoughts!